Thursday, June 4, 2009

How Do You Spell Relief? I M P L A N T

On Monday of this week, I had my surgery to remove the tissue expander and replace it with a saline implant. What a vast difference in how that area feels since the exchange! I'm a bit tired and sore, but no more "rock hard booby!" What a relief!


I am still one more surgery away from being complete with this process. In a few weeks, I will go back under to reduce and "perk-up" the natural breast. Some of the tissue taken out from this breast will be used to make a nipple for my implant breast. I will be thankful when all of this is done. It has been a long process.


Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, I really do appreciate them.


Sincerely,



4 comments:

  1. I've just put a link to your blog on my own blog. Please let me know if you have any objections. I don't get much traffic, but I would understand if you have any reservations. I enjoy your blog and wish you health and happiness.
    Jill B
    Oh, you'll need the address! http://somethingislostsomethingisfound.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh! Squishy boob has arrived! I am so glad THIS part is done for you. I have now "graduated" from seeing my breast surgeon...have mixed feelings about that but I guess it is a good thing.

    How are you doing with the whole "cancer" thing? I have had a worry free three months but now it is time for the worries to start in...a cough there, an ache there...I am sure you understand.

    I DO remember the feeling of the implant so I am glad you can enjoy it! And no more expansions! : )


    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to see you are on your way to the end of this journey we are on . I have some problems when my implants were put in.I was very unhappy with the end results. I had one breast that did not even look like a breast and they were about 2 inches apart and one was way over to the side and ALOT lowere than the other one. I did get a second opinion and had them fixed a few weeks ago. I am very very pleased. I just wish the work would have been done right the first time. take care. As soon as we get another computer I will be blogging again. Mine crashed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cyndi Loo hooo--

    just checking in...how is everything?

    ReplyDelete