Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Week In Review

Last Monday, Bob gave us a little scare when his heart started giving him palpitations that made him light headed and dizzy. After a visit to the Community North Heart Center the attending physician thought that he was having PVCs (Premature Ventricular Complexes) and not a heart attack. The doctor asked Bob if he consumed a lot of caffeine, which was a no. Than he asked if he was getting enough sleep which was a no and finally he asked if Bob had a lot of stress in his life right now. Hummmm, I wonder if a wife with breast cancer counts? The doctor seemed to think it did and sent him home after a couple hours of observation, blood tests and chest X-rays. Today, Bob seems to be OK from the PVCs but has come down with a cold. Yikes!

On Thursday, I received my first pump up. I was a bit apprehensive to have that done because of how painful the prior week had been. I will admit, this time it was OK and not that uncomfortable. I still have a drainage tube and everything looks like it's healing nicely. I will admit that this week has not been as painful as the others, but (there's always a but) I wish I'd known how uncomfortable these tissue expanders can be at times. No one talked about how they put pressure on your ribs especially when you're sitting for a while. This seems to be more of a problem towards the end of the day and I have a tough time finding a position to be comfortable in.

On Friday, my daughters came down for a visit. I was very excited to see them. My daughter that lives in the Detroit area brought me my favorite Cantonese Food. Believe it or not, I have not been able to find a Chinese Restaurant that makes it the same way here and I always enjoy the opportunity to pig out on some.

On Saturday, us girls spent the day shopping and shopping and shopping. I've not been out and walking that much in a while. Although a bit tired, it was a lot of fun. Later we watched some TV and played some cards.

Now it's Sunday afternoon and the girls left to return home about an hour ago. My oldest lives about 3 1/2 hours away while my youngest lives 5 hours away. I'm always sad to see them go, I wish we were all closer and could see one another more often than we do. That's just not a possibility at this time.

That' my week in review. Thanks for stopping by.


  1. I am still amazed at how quickly you are getting expanded. I will have to see how long mine took--it seemed like at least a month, and I certainly didn't have a drain still in! Stephanie's was fast too so I seem to have been the exception. Good for you. It may be a bit painful, but maybe the faster process will be better? Remember, when you start the feel the muscles tighten ever slow slightly, tell the PS to STOP with the cc's. That was the only way to avoid later pain for me. Twice I had to have him take some out as I knew I would be miserable later.

    The expander is going to get rock hard as you go along. At least mine did. I would make people feel it at work and they would look at me in HORROR that that Thing was in me. You get used to it I guess. But then when you get the implant it is like heaven!

    Sounds like you are doing great! Keep me updated Cyndi LouHoo!


    PS You tell that Bob of yours to de-stress!!!!

  2. Ok, I just checked my blog and I had 50 cc's put in 19 days after mastectomy, so I guess it wasn't that much of a difference.

    I started reading all my old entries and am amazed I survived it all!