Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Visit With The Plastic Surgeon

Yesterday I had an appointment with my plastic surgeon. While I had hoped he could wave some magical wand that would help me feel better, he just said I needed to find a way to bring the pain under control. So I left the office with one tube removed, a script for Darvocet, a suggestion to purchase some Alleve and an appointment for next week. I will admit, last night was the first time since surgery that I was able to sleep in my bed on my left side for part of the night.

Today I took Heidi Girl to the Vets by myself. I will admit I was tired by the time we returned home. And it was nice to get out of the house for a little bit. I'm hoping to continue to do these sort of things a little more each day so I can return to work in a week or so.

Not much more to report. Thanks all who have kept me in thought and prayer these past couple of months, I do appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. Sending you warm thoughts from snowy Omaha, Cyndi. Sorry to hear that healing is causing so much pain for you - glad that it sounds like the doc's office is working with you to manage it. And I am VERY HAPPY for your with the great news about your path report. Take care, and thank you for writing the good AND the bad days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyndi, when I was having so much pain with my knee replacement my home health nurse suggested taking Ativan (lorazepam) to help me relax so the oxycodone w/apap could work. It really helped me and decreased how often I needed to take pain pills. Plus, I could sleep much better at night. Thought maybe you could consider this. Hope things are better soon! Karen:)

    ReplyDelete