I just arrived home after a visit to the Plastic Surgeon's office. I received my last expansion fill and will now wait about four weeks (at least) before I have the surgery to remove the tissue expander and put in the implant.
More decisions?????? I was given pamphlets on "silicone" and "saline" to look over and try to decide which one will work best for me. I also need to decide whether I will have a "nipple" put on as part of my reconstruction. If not, then I have this last surgery before me. If I do, then I'll have one more surgery after the implant to reduce my natural breast and use some of that tissue to make my new nipple on my reconstruction breast. Yikes!
If you're reading my posts and have been through this process, I'd love to hear what decisions you made and how you decided. (I'm not thrilled with the idea of two more surgeries.) Please share your insights.